StarID Self Service
What is a StarID?
The StarID is a username with the goal of replacing many login IDs with one ID, one password, everywhere. Once you activate it, you can use your StarID and password anywhere that accepts StarID. It is unique across the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system, so you can use it at more than one school. Change your password in one place — starid.mnscu.edu — and it will change everywhere.
Who has a StarID?
All students, faculty, and staff of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system have StarIDs and can activate theirs now.
What is a StarID used for?
Each college and university can choose to use StarID for different IT systems. The most common of these include:
- student and employee email
- classroom and lab computers
- network printers
- Desire2Learn (D2L)
Each school determines when and whether to convert their systems to use StarID. Check with Information Technology Services at your college or university to learn which of their IT systems have been configured to use StarID.
A number of systemwide IT services accept StarID login wherever the service is used. Here are a few:
- ISRS / eServices - All ISRS administrative web applications and Uniface are configured to use StarID for login. Student-facing applications (eServices) accept StarID but do not yet require it. A project is underway to require StarID for all ISRS applications.
- MediaSpace - a cloud-based web service for conversion and distribution of audio and video.
- Program Navigator - used to create and redesign academic programs and enter them into Program Inventory and ISRS.
- CEMRS - Classroom, Event Management, and Resource Scheduling.
- MnSCU Connect - a systemwide SharePoint for cross-institution collaboration.
- STARS - Systemwide Training and Registration Site.