StarID Self Service
What is a StarID?
The StarID is a username that is used across the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities to access information technology systems and services. As systems are configured to use StarID, the number of usernames and passwords students and employees need to remember and use will be greatly reduced.
Who has a StarID?
All faculty and staff of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities system are eligible for a StarID and can activate one now.
Students at several colleges also have StarIDs:
- Anoka-Ramsey Community College
- Anoka Technical College
- Century College
- Hibbing Community College
- Inver Hills Community College
- Itasca Community College
- Mesabi Range Community and Technical College
- Minnesota State Community and Technical College
- Normandale Community College
- Rainy River Community College
- Vermilion Community College
We are working with our system and campus technology partners to provide StarIDs to students at more colleges and universities.
What is a StarID used for?
Each college and university can choose to use StarID for their different IT systems. The most common of these systems include:
- student and employee email
- classroom and lab computers
- network printers
- Desire2Learn (D2L)
Check with Information Technology Services at your college or university to learn which of their IT systems have been configured to use StarID.
A number of systemwide IT services accept StarID login wherever the service is used. Here are a few of these services:
- ISRS - All ISRS administrative web applications are configured to use StarID for login. See a list of these applications. Student-facing applications (eServices) at schools that have integrated with the IAM system will accept StarID.
- MoveItSecurely - MoveItSecurely facilitates the secure sharing of information.
- STARS - Systemwide Training and Registration Site.
- StarLAN - A wireless service that gives visiting employees and students access to the Internet.